Rate of Pay: $15
The successful candidate will direct traffic, pedestrians and vehicles.
Candidates MUST BE punctual, honest and hardworking.
Training will be provided.
- As a Traffic Controller you will be responsible for setting up, managing and removing temporary traffic control schemes
- Direct (Stop/slow) incoming traffic
- Block roads
- Aid pedestrians
- Direct trucks in and out construction sites
- Job requires regular physical manual effort
- Required to stand for 8 to 10 hours per day, starting at 7am handling a Stop-Slow bat, or managing other similar traffic control signs and devices, regardless of weather conditions
- You must be able to operate in a team environment and assist all team members in the performance of their duties
- As a Traffic Controller you will work closely with a co-worker to ensure the safe management of work zones
- Ability to direct traffic
- Good communication skills
- Must be punctual, honest and hardworking
- Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws and safety oriented
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be available full time during the day
This is a Community Economic Development position through Revitalization and is open to TCHC tenants. While all tenants are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to TCHC tenants of the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities. Please note, tenancy will be verified.
To apply for this job email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org